Friday, January 22, 2010

Firefox Version 3.6 – Okay to Install

Firefox has begun telling us that Version 3.6 is available and asking us to update. This now is safe as far as extensions are concerned that I have installed. If you have installed other than the extensions listed below it is mandatory that you make sure that these extensions are compatible with this new version of Firefox. If you installed extensions on your own you will know how to do that.

If you can not ascertain compatibility then DO NOT install Firefox 3.6.

If I installed Firefox on your machine you are using three extensions or add-ons that I always install. Rarely I have to install a fourth extension.

The extensions that I install are:
  1. AdblockPlus, IMHO the best advertisement blocker.
  2. Forecastfox, a nice weather bar directly in Firefox.
  3. McAfee Siteadvisor, Highlighting dangerous web sites in search results.
  4. Eventually Downthemall, my preferred download manager for Firefox.
For these four extensions versions compatible with Firefox 3.6 are available.

As usual I welcome comments and suggestions right here in the blog. Thank you in advance.

Click here for a categorized Table Of Contents.

No comments: