Wednesday, June 4, 2008

From Ad-Aware Personal SE to Ad-Aware 2008

Somehow quite a few of my customers didn't get a notification about Ad-ware Personal SE going to be discontinued. Here are instructions on how to remedy the situation.
  1. Please uninstall ad-Aware Personal SE (Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs).
  2. Please go to this web site and download Ad-Aware 2008, the new and improved version.
  3. The download file is an installer program.
    Run it to install Ad-Aware 2008.
  4. At the end of the install you will be asked for a license number;
    just click on "Use Free".
  5. After the install there will be two new icons on your desktop.
    Please DELETE the icon labeled Ad-Watch; this is an attempt to suck you into paying for something extra.
  6. If Ad-Aware 2008 runs okay you should delete the installer.
The new program version works much like the old one, the differences are mainly optical.

Feel free to post any comment you may have.

Thank you in advance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eike,

I am having trouble installing ad-Ware 2008. After reading your instructions and going to "this web site" it takes me to a link called Securitywonks.net. I do not see a link to install Ad-Ware 2008 anywhere. Am I doing something wrong? Can you help me?

Eike Heinze said...

OMG (meaning Oh My God) Anonymous,
the instructions you are trying to follow are from 2008. That's an infinity in computer terms, meaning your computer is way behind! Please write an email to ejheinze*at*gmail*dot*com and tell me completely and exactly what operating system and what "security" programs you are running. I will point you to a resource that will help you to get up-to-date.

Eike Heinze said...

Hello Anonymous,
I have not heard from you yet.
It seems you never checked back for an answer. Too bad for you.