Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Prepare for Remote Assistance



I can give remote assistance if you have an Internet connection that is faster than dial-up. All we need is a telephone connection to talk to each other and we should both sit at our computers. 

From August 2009 until November 2013 I installed on my customers computers TeamViewer (see below under "Historical information"). 

Since December 2013 I prefer to use a new service with a different icon on the desktop. It looks like this: 
I switched to the new service because it works more efficiently especially if you have a basic DSL or any other slower Internet connection.
If you don't have this icon you can easily create it yourself to be prepared for our first remote support session.

Prepare for remore support:

Please go to my personal Instant Housecall Download page. Click on the big Download button; allow downloading of the small program that is required on your computer for safe remote support. After the download has finished you have to run the just downloaded installer program. You will get a new icon similar to the one above on your desktop; the text under the icon will read "Get Remote Support".

When we start the remote support session I will ask you to start this program, that is to double click on this icon.

The following is historical information:

If I have worked on or set up your computer between August 2009 and November 2013 you should not need any preparations. The program required should already be on your computer. The desktop icon looks like this: TV Icon 
The version number and your background may be different though.

Before August 2009 I have used the services of “FogCreek Copilot” or “Crossloop”. As far as my support services are concerned these programs, icons and services are defunct. If you want to prepare for remote support from me please follow the instructions above under "Prepare for remore support".
For remote assistance I charge by the minute at my normal hourly rate. 80% of all help sessions so far took less than 20 minutes.

As usual I welcome suggestions and comments right here in the blog.

Click here for a categorized Table Of Contents.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. I have bookmarked you to check your new stuff.

Remote support services bristol