Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2015-10-22 WBKV Talking Points

Avast antivirus caught with severe vulnerability. Update, update, update.

Old cell phone? Make sure you erase ALL data!
Massive amounts of personal data recovered from 35% of discarded cell phones

Microsoft has silently fixed a massive authentication blunder.
Before the fix
EVERY email account
@msn.com,
@live.com,
@outlook.com and
@hotmail.com 
These accounts could have been hacked because of an error in the authentication routines.

Many web sites offering software downloads are nasty malware slingers.

Don't buy a laptop right now; prices seem sky high! Maybe it gets better with Thanksgiving sales.




1 comment:

Eike Heinze said...

Anonymous,
You can find my "normal" reaction to anonymous comments in a few places in this blog.
To make it very clear: If you hide you seem to have something to hide.
No further comment.

But I respond here because you and eventually others might misunderstand my posting of the talking points. I do that on the evening before I am on the radio station or sometimes very early in the morning of the day of the broadcast. This is to give my regular listeners a heads up on what we might be talking about.

If you or anyone else wants more information feel free to drop me an email; the email address in the left side bar of the blog.