Thursday, February 6, 2014

NO to Office 2013, Office 365 and Microsoft Accounts in general


I stumbled over this article about lack of basic security features in Microsoft's cloud offerings.

I feel confirmed when I say
  • do not use a Microsoft account
  • do not use MS Office 2013 or MS Office 365
  • do not use Sky Drive (Microsoft's cloud storage option)
For everybody using Windows 8 that means they should cancel their Microsoft accounts and they should convert the account on the computer to a local account.

If you can't find out how to do that, you know who can help, right?

At least Office 2013 can be used without a Microsoft account; I don't know for sure about Office 365.

There are many cloud storage services that do not entail the usual "Microsoft risks" for lack of a better word.

As usual I welcome suggestions and comments right here in the blog.

Click here for a categorized Table Of Contents.
   

 

No comments: