Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year To Y’all

And again I have squandered a wonderful year and am facing a new one. It has never been my thing to make big “New Years Resolutions” or the like. I have seen it too many times that such resolutions hardly survive a few weeks and much less a full year.

Today I ran across two sets of New Years Resolutions that have to do with our computers; not only was I intrigued by that association but when reading them I realized how much they are applicable to me – and to others.

With all due respect towards my customers I know that the  first set of resolutions applies to the majority of computer users. I truly wish that more people would abide by these oh-so-simple and oh-so-basic rules of politeness, respect and decent manners.

This first set of resolutions comes from the Netmanners.com web site; this is a place I can highly recommend! Judith Kallos, the owner of Netmanners.com, IMHO deserves to be as proverbially known as Miss Manners, Emily Post.

The second set of resolutions comes from DownloadSquad.com and definitely is geared much more at technically experienced computer users.

Despite a few misgivings about some of the statements in these resolutions, the general gist IMHO is quite acceptable. As far as some of my customers are concerned please be warned, quite a bit of this is fairly technical.

If you have worked your way through to this point you deserve a reward. Allow your pensive, thoughtful, imaginative, spiritual, funny, inspirational and, and, and… side to be captivated by Monina Velarde’s newest achievement and visit her New Year’s Resolution Generator. Just click the  “Gimme More” button and be surprised. I bet you will find something to like.

As usual I welcome comments and suggestions right here in the blog. Thank you in advance.

Click here for a categorized Table Of Contents.

No comments: